Intuit QuickBooks Australia
Director of Sales
Responsible for leading and growing a sales and customer success team of 70 plus people across: Telesales; Inside Sales; Field Sales, Customer Success, Partnerships, Data Analytics and Sales Operations.
My role had four key functions:
1. To act as a member of the Intuit Australia leadership team to help define country strategy, planning and monitor execution.
2. To lead, motivate and inspire the Sales team to hit monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets and company KPIs.
3. To recruit, grow and develop the team culture and to empower team members and managers within my team through coaching, and implementation of the Intuit Sales Academy.
4. Finally, to represent the Australian business with head office and other international colleagues to ensure the needs of the business are being met by global stakeholders.
• For FY18 achieved 100% to target for Sales Units and 103% against net subscriber growth. Overachieved FY19 revenue targets at 102% (business changed focus from units to revenue for FY19).
• Restructured the team to recognise and resource channel opportunities with Enterprise scale accounting firms, as well as the creation of an Alternate Channels team charged with testing and exploiting new channels to market.
• Dealt with legacy people and culture issues and led an aggressive recruitment drive hiring four new sales managers and 10+ new sales consultants.
• Increased employee engagement score to 79 (3 points ahead of Intuit Australia-wide at 76).
• Led the definition and initiation of two new products for the Accountant channel to increase the opportunity TAM within the channel.
• Initiated a special project to better integrate the Sales and Marketing teams which led to greater engagement and joint annual planning.
GM Consumer & VP Marketing, Norwood Systems
Reporting to the CEO and Board, I had three primary areas of responsibility. First to manage all aspects of the company’s consumer product portfolio and key partnerships, second to oversee the marketing mix across business and consumer segments, and thirdly to lead channel development.
The product side of my role encompassed complete product lifecycle management – and individual product P&Ls and pricing. This also required close collaboration with the Engineering and Dev teams, and a solid understanding of Agile, test strategies etc
As Marketing lead for the company, I owned the Norwood brand, brand awareness and marketing budget. Within that remit was online marketing, brand development and activation, PR, IR, web and social.
The Commercial side of my role bought together the marketing and product responsibilities by creating demand for our consumer products and services within our channels, especially for providers of loyalty services and for brands wishing to retain and reward their customers.
• Launched World Phone on iOS and Android platforms. Using growth hacking techniques and digital marketing strategies rapidly grew the base to over 5.5m downloads, whilst maintain a rating of 4.2 stars on Google Play and 4½ stars on the App Store.
• Negotiated and activated complex global channel partnership agreements with Affinion International and Collinson Group.
• Sold-in app propositions to the RAC WA, Visa ANZ and Thomas Cook Australia.
• Identified, developed and inducted new network suppliers for both voice and wifi; renegotiated commercial agreement with Devicescape and negotiated terms with Fon.
• Led product management for the World Wi-Fi app including product specification, proposition development, pricing strategy and launch planning.
• Developed and implemented a new pricing strategy across the customer base.
RBB Marketing and Management
• Developed and presented a Sales strategy for a leading manufacturer of high-end audio/video equipment. Strategy included market and partner analysis, recommendations and implementation plan.
• Completed competitive landscape analysis project for the same client. Report included gap analysis, competitor SWOT and recommendations.
• Commenced initial stages on project to study the personal headphone market with the intent of providing recommendations for market entry, partnership proposals, sales strategy, pricing, positioning and differentiation.
Managing Director - Middle East, North Africa and Turkey;
Managing Director - Indochina;
Other leadership Roles.