To whom it may concern
I am currently studying my bachelor of design (architecture) and looking for some part time work that allows me develop my skills in the construction / design industry.
I have worked as a draftsperson for over 7 years, completing my apprenticeship as a structural draftsperson in 2009 and going on to contract to various engineers, builders and building design firms in Newcastle.
The main skills i have learnt throughout this period are as follows:
• The importance of communication with clients and other professions.
• The ability to visual concepts and details
• High standard of drafting with AutoCAD / AutoCAD 3D /ArchiCAD
• The ability to work individually or in a group environment.
• Presentation skills, verbal, drafting and sketching
• Construction / design Terminology
• Understanding detailing and material properties.