Budget Car & Truck Rentals
Operations Manager July 2011 - May 2013
• Manage and achieve resource and financial objectives within plan
- Achieving revenue growth
- Maximising yield, productivity
- Reducing costs
• Identify, develop and maximise new and existing business opportunities within the local market, to contribute to the profit objective in line with Budget values, as well as negotiating and reviewing long term contracts with both new and existing clients
• Establish and implement individual department policies, goals, objectives and procedures to ensure each customer receives the best individual service
• Recruit, develop, and retain a workforce which will accomplish the objectives of the organisation and contribute to the Budget values.
• Ensure rosters are updated and displayed accordingly. Coach the team to ensure that they achieve or exceed Budget expectations for quality, service and sales.
• Promote and protect Budget brand. Ensure the presentation of the branch, staff and vehicles meet Budgets standards and provide a safe and healthy work environment.
• Oversee the fleet of vehicles and maintain service checklist. Ensure vehicles are mechanically safe and comply with all necessary Vic Roads regulations
• Provide necessary daily, weekly and monthly business performance reports to General Manager and Branch Managers
• Protect assets and comply with all Budget policies, procedures and statutory regulations.
Budget Car & Truck Rentals
Locations: Camberwell, Prahran, Richmond & Southbank
June 2007 - July 2011
• Daily Management of Branch and its staff
• Motivating team
• Assisting with targets / initiatives
• Complete rental and return transactions accurately
• Provide information regarding the rental
• Be involved in reservations of rental vehicles and the associated requirements
• Monitoring and organizing of fleet on a daily basis
• Ensure customer complaints are handled and resolved in a timely, effective manner
• Maintains adequate vehicle in accordance with company guidelines
• Provide necessary daily reports to head office
• Build and maintain business relationships to facilitate organisation profitability.
Hotel Manager April 2005 - June 2007
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of a hotel and its staff.
• Planning, organising and directing all hotel services, including front-of-house (reception, food and beverage operations).
• Monitor staffing levels and rostering, arranging for staff rotations and breaks, and locating substitute employees as necessary.
• Promoting and marketing the business.
• Managing budgets and financial plans as well as controlling expenditure.
• Recruiting, training and monitoring staff.
• Dealing with customer complaints and comments.
• Ensuring security is effective.
• Carrying out inspections of property and services ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.