Executive Assistant Aug 1998 - Current - full time with Bentleigh Bayside
• Providing administrative support to CE and General Managers.
• Management of CEO and General Managers diaries.
• Taking minutes at Management meetings and distributing them
• Liaising with a range of external stakeholders, contractors and Board of
• Word processing: general correspondence, preparation of brochures,
newsletters, course lists and bi monthly staff newsletter.
• Completed Certificate 3 in Business Administration in
Microsoft office, visio, publisher, Titan ( a swipe card software)
• Assisting the Accounts Officer with accounts payable and receivable using
Quickbooks if required.
• Preparation and coordination of Annual Report & Quality of Care Report
including printing, sending of invitations, catering and general organisation of AGM.
• Assisting Human Resources Coordinator with Letters of Offer for employment and other confidential letters and advertising vacancies on the
internet & BBCH website.
• Purchasing office equipment, minor equipment and maintaining registers
• Arranging courses, speakers, flights and accommodation
• Hiring rooms to outside service providers
• Booking rooms for staff workshops, meetings etc
• Handling day to day enquiries from staff and assisting them with producing
information for clients.
• Distribution of correspondence
• Supervising Admin Assistant and Maintenance Officer on a daily basis.
RACV Club Melbourne
RACV Club Melbourne, Call Centre and various branches
The last position held at the RACV was in the special events area. Duties
• Arranging events, eg day tours, guest speakers, live performances,
luncheons etc for RACV full club members
• Taking booking for such events and actually taking some tours
• Advertising the events throughout the club
• Preparation of member attendance lists for accounts
Call Centre and branches
Attending to member enquiries regarding membership, home/car insurance,
touring and general enquiries.
Information in support of my application
For 16 years, I have been providing administrative support to the CE &
General Managers at Bentleigh Bayside Community Health. My excellent
computer skills have allowed me to provide reports, presentations, mail outs
(mail merges), general correspondence, brochures and newsletters to staff
efficiently, while also training them on computer functions, email and internet. I
have attended, advanced word, access and publisher courses and have
completed Certificate 3 in Business Administration. I am prepared to learn any
new programs if required.
Being an Executive Assistant to the Management team has allowed me to have a close liaison with each Manager and learn more about the internal
running of the organisation especially by taking the minutes at the various
meetings. This means prioritizing all word processing and confidentiality is
I supervise two staff - an Admin Assistant and the Maintenance Officer. I
monitor and review their performance and am responsible for their day to day
duties. The Admin Assistant is responsible for the purchasing of office
supplies which I authorise along with the maintenance supplies. I have
authority to sign purchase order over $500 so staff from other areas often
come to me if there team leader is unavailable.
I arrange a timetable for 3 Year 10 work experience students during the year and supervise them for the week they attend BBCH. I try to accommodate
them in the career paths they are most interested in and the feedback I have
had over the years has been very complimentary.
Apart from the general admin duties, I have been solely responsible for hiring out rooms of BBCH to external providers. This is done on a casual basis. This
means initial phone enquiries, assessing the suitability of the function, costing the room and the general paper work associated with the booking. An online
booking system is also maintained. Any enquiries after the event, I have also 2
had to deal with - eg lost keys. Processing of accounts is followed up and finalised by the finance department.
BBCHS has approximately 140 staff, 80 of who are onsite. The others are
external but who also require administrative support. I am required to liaise and continue the same rapport that I have with the rest of the staff. We are all
part of the same team. In this organisation, I am relied upon. I am the backbone.
I am also required to drive a company vehicle when necessary.