• Exceptional communication skills: Articulate communicator, in both oral and written forms, who understands the different communication styles required when working with colleagues or clients.
• Mental health qualification: In November 2014 I obtained an Honours degree in Psychology and in 2013 I obtained a Bachelor of Applied Science Psychology. Both of these courses were completed with a high distinction average.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team: Past work experience (paid and voluntary), in addition to the completion of my university degrees, has all centre around teamwork and leadership.
• Mental health beliefs: my values and beliefs are consistent with evidence-based research and a positive psychological framework. Thus, I believe mental health workers should provide clients with the necessary tools to achieve client empowerment, based on current scientific literature.
• Independent: Completed a research thesis in 2014, which is currently in the process of being published.
Above and beyond my experience and capabilities I have been commended for my high level of interpersonal skills and my naturally engaging personality. I am drawn to the mental health field as I care deeply about creating positive change in the lives of individuals and families. I am passionate about moving people towards self-sufficiency and self-actualisation through the power psycho-education, mindfulness and positive behavioural change.