May 2012 - to Present News Australia
Field Sales Account Manager - North Shore Times - a market leading local newspaper
• Responsible for $3million spend per year
• Managing an advertising portfolio of real estate agencies in the middle and upper north shore of Sydney
• Creating innovative press and online solutions to generate increased sales of advertising space for key real estate agents
• Customer centric role working intimately with real estate agents in the high end of real estate
• Focused on developing and maintaining relationships
• Consistently achieved 90% or above of monthly revenue targets in a declining market medium
The Irish Times
June 2010 - Jan 2012 The Irish Times
Leading Daily National Newspaper of Ireland
Key Account Manager
Key clients included - Heineken, Samsung, Smirnoff, AIB bank, Aer Lingus, O2 Phones, Nissan, An Post, National Lottery.
• Responsible for €4 million sales across press and digital
• Working with media agencies to formulate innovative press solutions
• Manage key clients advertising press campaigns for newspaper and digital
• Fostering ongoing relationships with client and media agencies to provide tailored media solutions
• Create innovative presentations and comprehensive reporting to senior management of market trends & forecasting of media spend
• Able to maintain key customer investment levels in advertising sales, despite the economic climate driving an increasingly competitive environment
Dec 2006 - June 2010 Starcom (Publicis Media Group)
Leading Irish Media Agency
Mar 2006 - Sep 2006 Tesco Ireland
Leading UK & Irish Supermarket Chain
Assistant Buyer (Frozen & Fresh food) - 6 month contract
• Department responsible for over €260 million annual turnover
• Assist buyer in category management of frozen and fresh food
• Negotiation with key Irish and International suppliers to offer excellent value to customers and maximize profits
• Liaising with the buyer and evaluating promotional opportunities according to stock levels and supplier investment
• Manage the accurate implementation of in store promotional activities
• Confirming promotions with the marketing team, stock control, merchandising and store managers.
Jun 2003 - Dec 2005 Tenix Toll
• Various roles including - warehousing, stock control, procurement, explosives packaging.
• Liaison between civilian commercial goals and Defense Force protocol.
• This role was completed in conjunction with full time study to complete Degree.
Jul 2001 - Mar 2003 Various Roles
During this period I travelled and worked in various capacities. Including
Bar work - Summer Camps USA - Customer Service - Warehousing - General Hand
All roles allowed me the freedom to continue travelling throughout Europe and America.
Royal Australian Airforce
Feb 1995 - Jul 2001 Royal Australian Airforce
• Various roles including - warehousing, stock control, procurement, explosives packaging, aircraft loading, driving duties and military training
• Maintaining the high demands of intelligence, forward thinking and fitness
• Data entry - key aspect to roles.