Bureau of Meteorology
National Contact Centre Manager - Bureau of Meteorology Nov 2012- Dec 2014
Appointed to develop a business plan then implement the creation of a national contact centre for the Bureau. Purpose to centralise customer service from direct access model with externally listed Offices (over 20) phone numbers (nearly 400) and email addresses (over 300). There is no customer service technology (ACD, CRM, WFM, Knowledge Mgt Tool) customer experience measurement (Mystery Shop indicated one of the worst customer experiences ever seen) or measurement, reporting or KPIs in place.
• Developed a business plan and implementation plan to create a Contact Centre with potential savings of $6-8m and massive customer service improvements.
• Provided assistance and expert advice internally to phone related projects outside of remit
Kidney Health Australia
Head of Customer Operations - Kidney Health Australia Jan 2008 - Nov2012.
Responsible for the Customer Operations division, the principle fundraising dept for KHA with a client base in excess of 600,000 supporters. Oversee the running of the KHA lotteries call centre, data processing team and the set up and management of an outsourcing subsidiary and telecom reseller operation as well as undertook contact centre consultancy work. To act as the 'person in charge' of the SA divisional office, which currently has 75% of the organisations staff. A member of the organisations Senior Management Team.
• Oversee the upgrading of new phone systems and integration of new CRM
• Negotiated and oversaw move to VoIP
• Achieved lotteries profit target for the first time which was a 25% improvement in year one.
• Grew profit from $0.9m to $2.7m in under three years
• Set up 2 stand-alone businesses - an outsourcing call centre agency and a phone reseller.
• Moved centre location without an hour of downtime
• Increased capacity from 24 seats to 60 in 18 months
• Won under 50 Call Centre of the year in SA
National Call Centre Manager - Heart Foundation Nov 2005 - Jan 2008
Management and development of Call Centre services run by the Heart Foundation. Apart from an inbound information service managed contracts with outside agencies providing outbound programmes including health coaching and preventative medicine program for Pfizer. The centre also handled email enquiries, orders for literature (2.5 million pieces distributed in 2006) and developed web based interaction.
• Re-engineering of current processes and procedures (including current database replacement)
• Promotion and growth of the inbound service (internally and externally) demonstrating a 15% growth last year (all in key areas) and centralising the previous marginalised service which produced 25% of work in 2006.
• A more professionally oriented team and reduced staffing by 20% with no loss in performance, very high quality service (benchmarked externally) and developing a sales culture with a non-sales team.
Great Southern Railways
Great Southern Railways April 2003 - Nov 2005
GSR is operated by Serco Australia and runs the 'big three' rail journeys in Australia - The Indian Pacific, The Ghan and The Overland.
Sales Centre Operations
Responsible for the performance of the sales centre in meeting its workload KPIs. In doing this I was responsible for all resource allocation across the centre and Front Desk operations 7 days a week ensuring maximum sales opportunities are presented with least cost. I was also responsible for ensuring call targets are met and other sections resourced as required. I was the key person in liaison with IT for all systems problems. I was on call 24x7 for all operational problems including disaster and train disruptions. On moving into this role I was given additional responsibilities including deputising for the Sales Centre Manager in his absence, managing the installation of the new call management system and implementation of other technical initiatives designed at improved efficiencies and sales team support.
• cutting over to the new phone system with only 10 minutes down time and no lost productive time
• design of the new call delivery system,
• call mapping,
• creation of a single rostering tool linked to call mapping on a 30 minute cycle 24x7,
• reduction of FTE staffing levels in the Sales centre by 15% without changing service levels.
• Improved reporting techniques
• Utilisation of new technology to provide better output, sales support and customer interaction
Other Call Centre Manager roles Jan 1995 - Apr 2003
Customer Care Centre Manager - Advantex Itl Feb 2000 - Apr 2003
2000 - Current. Consultancy
Undertake occasional consultancy roles for other organisations around contact centre efficiencies and organizational structure
Prior to 1993 - Other Management roles in the UK
Centre Manager - GN Distributers (part of National Foods) April 1999-Feb 2000
Australia Water Quality Centre Ap
Teleservices Manager (contract Role) - Australia Water Quality Centre Ap 1998 - Ap1999
Team Manager (and other roles) - Galaxy TV Jan 1995 - Jan 1998
Other Management roles
Community Housing Assoc Forum
Executive Officer - Community Housing Assoc Forum Oct 1993 - July 1994
Area Manager - Guinness Trust May 1990 - Sept 1993
Royal British Legion Housing Association
Area Manager - Royal British Legion Housing Association June 1998 - May 1990
South Beds Council
Principal Housing Officer - South Beds Council Feb 1987- June 1988
Housing Initiatives Manager and others Lond Boro of Barnet April 1978 - Feb 1987