Senior Business Improvement Manager Sept 2011 - Sept 2013
Deployment of Kaizen and Continuous Improvement methodology across Global Shared Services (GSS), based at the Process Centre of Excellence in Melbourne. Scope was to Deploy Kaizen and Continuous Improvement methodology across GSS. Reporting to the Head of Business Enablement, I led the Kaizen Program across multiple Geographies - Including - India, Manila, China, London, New Zealand, Vietnam, Cambodia and Taiwan)
• Designed, built and successfully deployed a centralised Service Improvement Register (SIR) across Global Shared Services, 52,000 staff and 32 countries.
• Designed and conducted Kaizen awareness training sessions to 32 + countries.
• Designed and conducted a Kaizen Champions program to build capability across GSS, including in country training to NZ, Vietnam and Cambodia of over 400 staff.
• Successfully drove improvement suggestions into the SIR, managed the allocation and delivery to Champions and track the benefits, with $2.5 Million + in savings
Kaizen Deployment Manager Oct 2010 - Aug 2011
Leading Implementing Continuous improvement strategy across NAB's branches Nationally and front line staff, included liaising with retail department heads,
Leadership Team, personal banking efficiency and quality staff, People and Cultural leadership Team. Working across all levels in the organization to lead the Cultural Change Program, my role was pivotal in changing and embedding the CI mindset.
• Successfully rolled out Kaizen across 850 Branches and over 6,000 frontline staff initially using a Thoughts Into Action (TIA) program as a feedback tool where anyone in the Network could lodge and vote on ideas to improve their workplace and processes.
• Conducted various CI Initiatives (5S, Value Stream Mapping, Root Cause etc) at NAB branches around the country, as well as conducting general Kaizen awareness sessions using Kaizen Events as a vehicle. Visited over 40 branches across the country (Gemba), presented awareness sessions at Regional Executive Conferences, Branch Manager Conferences and to other key stakeholders to deploy and embed the Program.
• Over 15,000 TiA's were submitted across the nab Retail Network, resulting in estimated savings of over 5 million dollars in eight months as a direct result of this Program.
Blackstone Security and Risk Management
Blackstone Security and Risk Management, Ireland
National Operations Advisor March 2008 - April 2010
Primary role was to conduct high-level threat assessments at various locations throughout Ireland for corporate and individual clients. Corporate clients included the Mushgrave Group, which operates between 800 and 900 retail/departmental stores throughout Ireland and Secrets, a major jewelry chain (to name just two corporate clients).
• Developed numerous risk management templates across a range of industries to accommodate efficient delivery of services and enable clients to become self sufficient in managing tasks.
• Successfully targeted and secured new business for the group generating significant additional revenue and stimulating organic growth.
Department of Corrective Services Perth
Department of Corrective Services Perth, WA
General Manager, Justice Intelligence Service Sept 2006 - March 2008
Reported to the Director of State wide Security and the Commissioner of WA Corrective Services, and was responsible for the management of an efficient cross-divisional intelligence service throughout 16 correctional facilities, both adult and juvenile, throughout the State.
750 Correctional Officers had a direct functional line of report with regard to all intelligence matters whilst they reported directly to the Manager and Director of State wide Security with regard to operational matters.
Worked closely with these two senior executives to formulate and deliver an appropriate environment for inmates and staff across the state whilst keeping the community safe.
Direct line of report to the Commissioner and the Premier's Office with regard to escapes or escape attempts.
• Prepared a successful business case for additional staffing to better manage the increasing workload and to disseminate quality information to internal and external clients.
• Initiated, designed and developed an Intelligence Awareness program for a select group of Correctional officers with a view to educating them in the role and function of the JIS to allow them to "spread the gospel" of the new intelligence environment.
• Revamped and streamlined all intelligence products being produced and disseminated by the JIS throughout Australia brining the organization in line with world best practice, this included providing new systems, tools training and intelligence products.
• Designed, produced implemented SOPs for all JIS functions, where none had existed previously achieving greater efficiency, effectiveness and accountability plus mitigating risks for the JIS and Department.
Queensland Police Service
Queensland Police Service, Brisbane Jan 1986 - Feb 2006