This award winning institution aims to help remember, interpret and understand the experiences of war and to commemorate the sacrifices of Australians who have died in war.
Working within the Visitor Services Team, you will be providing front line services to visitors to the Australian War Memorial. You will provide a range of services to ensure their experience is engaging, positive and memorable. Providing excellent face to face customer service skills will be vital to this role.
If you have proven customer service experience, availability during weekdays and weekends for full-day or half-day shifts, a service ethic, enjoy working as part of a close team, and have a real desire to work with a diverse public providing a quality customer service, then we would love to have you in our team.
**Must be 100% available across the Christmas period**
* Identify and assess visitor's needs, build interaction, and create trust with visitors through open and interactive communication.
* Provide support and provision in managing school visits.
* Assist with events and ceremonies such as ANZAC Day, Remembrance Day and the Centenary of Armistice
* Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies regarding the Australian War Memorial.
* If required, perform light manual handling tasks as part of the Memorial's daily operations.
* Proven customer service experience or experience as a client service representative
* Be able to attend to full-day or half-day shifts, as per rostering necessities and 100% availabluty over the Christmas period
* Be able to attend last minute shift requests where required
* Ability to display empathy and active listening to manage visitor interactions
* Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively and harmoniously
Please note you must be an Australian Citizien to apply for this role and you will also be required to undertake background checks
This is a casual position with varied shifts, shift rostering will allow for a variety of full day or half day options, with variable start times, requiring regular weekend work and availability across Public Holidays and the Christmas period. There will also be a requirement to undertake strict evacuation procedures training.
If successful you must be available to commence the induction training week and have availability for shifts across a seven-day roster.
Please hit 'Apply' now to register your interest for this exciting and rewarding opportunity. Please note successful applicants will be required to undertake background checks. Please submit your application no later than 12pm Sunday 27th Sep 2020
Canberra and Surrounds, ACT