Programmed Professionals is one of Australia's leading professional, engineering and technical recruitment agencies, servicing clients nationally.
Our client based near the Perth CBD are currently seeking a Transport Officer to join their team for a short-term contract. Full time opportunities may be on offer for the right candidate.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and review of a TravelSmart Work Plan for adoption by Council.
- Develop a Travel Plan targeting the City's employees and with the assistance of those employees.
- Assist in developing and implementing the City's Bike Network Plan.
- Develop and implement programs that promote more sustainable transport and access options for the City's employees, residents and local businesses.
- Develop innovations in the promotion of walking, cycling and public transport use.
- Liaise with relevant Local and State Government agencies and departments on local and regional transport and access issues.
- Monitor information from external and internal sources on local and regional transport and access issues.
- Lead the development of an Active Transport Plan to guide the City's Planning Policies and Development Guidelines in respect of alternative and sustainable transport options to encourage behavioural change in the wider community.
- Research, prepare, submit and acquit funding submissions and sponsorship applications for transport and access programs and initiatives.
- Advise on annual budget proposals and supervise expenditure to implement the work plan.
- Develop webpages for the City's online communications.
- Prepare reports to management and to the Council, as required.
- Relevant post-secondary qualifications and/or experience
- Current "c" class driver's license
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the principles of Travel Demand Management, including TravelSmart programs and initiatives
- Sound knowledge of applied research principles and methodologies
- Working knowledge of Australian Standards relevant to traffic, cycling and pedestrian planning
- Proven experience in preparation of reports and submissions, and the development of policies and procedures
- Proven experience in identifying, developing and delivering community programs that encourage and promote behavioural change
- Proven experience in researching/sourcing information about the availability of grant funding, and preparing, submitting and acquitting funding submissions
- Liaising with state government, stakeholders, community and other local councils
If you are available for an immediate start, please click the "Apply Now" button. If you have any further questions about the position please call Tara at Programmed Professionals on