About the team
The QLD State-wide Traffic Management Centre (STMC) operates 24-hours a day / 365 days a year supporting travellers on the Queensland state-controlled road network. The STMC provides information on traffic conditions, incidents, road closures, special events and roadworks to assist travellers in getting to their destinations safely and efficiently.
About the opportunity
As a Traffic Management Centre Operator, you will have the opportunity to work with state of the art technologies and a great team based on the Gold Coast. As a member of the STMC team, you will play an important role in ensuring the effective, efficient and safe operation of the state-controlled road network.
A typical shift within the STMC will see you:
- Evaluating, prioritising and coordinating responses to traffic incidents, telephone calls, signal equipment failures and maintenance issues.
- Implementing incident management procedures to assist police and emergency service providers with the coordination of traffic diversion for major traffic incidents.
- Using the CCTV network, Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), and information from various stakeholders to monitor the road network to identify operational issues and information for public broadcasting.
- Broadcasting regular traffic information and updates to various ITS devices, including electronic traffic signs and traffic websites.
- Maintaining accurate records including the completion of incident and event reports.
- Undertaking business improvement activities and providing input into special projects.
Applications are encouraged from people who possess:
- Professional communication skills to ensure effective liaison with emergency personnel, contractors, members of the public and other key stakeholders.
- Experience working under pressure, applying professional and independent judgement and the ability to manage multiple situations occurring simultaneously.
- Ability to respond logically, calmly and quickly to rapidly changing and potentially hazardous situations.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and processes.
Hours of work, remuneration and benefits
- The STMC operates 24/7, therefore opportunities are available to cover a 24/7 rotating roster.
- Opportunities are available for entry level operators, with structured in-house training provided followed by ongoing support to develop the skills to become a confident and competent operator.
- Opportunities for career advancement to Senior Operator and/or Shift Leader.
- Generous remuneration is available, including shift penalties and overtime rates.
How to Apply
Applications for this vacancy are invited through PERSOLKELLY. If you believe you have what it takes, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining why you are suitable and your availability (days, nights, and weekends)
Due to the highly sensitive nature of this role applicants must be willing to undergo Criminal History Check processes.