Technical Officer l Construction
Programmed Professionals is seeking an experience Technical Officer located in the South side of Brisbane to work within our client's Road Construction and Maintenance Branch. This is a primarily office based role which supports a number of construction teams working on various projects and is heavily focused on the logistics of plant and materials. This involves a large amount of phone and email communication with the individual Supervisors, Team Leaders and Suppliers as well as record keeping in accordance with Corporate Governance requirements.
Your Duties/responsibilities will be:
* Liaison with the Construction Principal Engineer, prepare overall project programming for all Road Construction & Maintenance projects using MS Project
* Prepare cost estimates using systems such as Benchmark and MS Excel
* Prepare technical specifications for procurement of services and materials, and manage tendering process;
* Prepare documentation for community consultation, residents, community groups and stakeholders
* Scoping complex projects and providing solutions to construction techniques;
* Preparing project plans, including variations, in liaison with supervisors and Principal Engineer;
* Provide supervision for staff operating water carts and the crane truck;
* Manage the breakdown of Road Construction Maintenance equipment with the Plant Fleet Services Branch
* Maintain and contribute to systems and processes that are practical and centralized
The successful applicant will possess the following:
* Holds, or is studying for, a relevant qualification such as a Diploma or Degree in Engineering; or a sound discipline knowledge
* Experience in civil engineering including road construction or maintenance.
* Demonstrated ability to produce estimates and project plans for road and drainage projects, including the use of computer programs with highly developed computer skills, including spreadsheet, GIS, Microsoft products and cost estimating software.
* Ability to apply quality assurance, work health & safety and environmental systems to construction contracts and plans.
* High level interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with people at all levels, including contractors and members of the public.
* Broad knowledge of civil engineering construction and demonstrated experience in construction of civil works to a high standard with a quality driven outcome.
* Possession of a current "C" class driver's licence.
* Possession of a current 30215 General Safety Induction (Construction Industry) ticket.
If you feel you are suitable for this role please apply by clicking 'Apply Now'.
Job reference number:
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.
QLD Licence- LHL-02514-D2P2F