Programmed are currently accepting applications for suitably qualified candidates to work in a state government Traffic Management Centre
In the role of Statewide Traffic Management Centre (STMC) Operator you will administer the early detection of, and appropriate response to, traffic incidents on the state-controlled road network, by the effective and efficient utilisation of the traffic monitoring and surveillance systems, in order that safety hazards, inconvenience and obstructions to traffic is minimised.
* Within a designated area of responsibility, evaluate, prioritise and coordinate responses to traffic incidents, telephone calls, ITS equipment failures and maintenance issues in association with key internal and external stakeholders, including contracted service providers, police, and media.
* Within a designated area of responsibility, evaluate, prioritise and coordinate the implementation of incident management procedures, including assisting police and service providers with the coordination of activities for the implementation of diversion routes for major traffic incidents.
* Using the CCTV Network, Intelligent Transport Systems, sourced and confirmed information from police, media, public and other stakeholders, monitor the road network to identify operational issues and information for public broadcasting. Evaluate, prioritise and disseminate traffic information via the QLD Traffic phone line and relay to other ITS devices, including VMS signs and the QLD Traffic website.
* Maintain thorough and accurate records for all events and activities encountered during a shift, including populating the major incidents database for prompt distribution to key stakeholders, and maintaining the traffic disruptions database to ensure adherence to legislative acts and regulations.
* In a timely, proactive and professional manner, process high volumes of telephone enquires using the Genesys console, including issue identification and clarification, prioritising onward actions, identifying key stakeholders or service providers for referral, and recording accurate details in the Incident Management System.
* Investigate and prepare replies to correspondence and enquires as directed by management.
What we're looking for
If you possess experience in a similar incident and traffic management operations role that would be ideal, however if you have real time emergency response, coordination or customer service experience acquired from security, event management, hospitality, logistics or a call centre role this would also be highly regarded.
Additionally, you will need to possess:
* Well-developed computer skills and the ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and processes
* Confidence and professional communication skills to ensure effective liaison with emergency personnel and contractors
* Highly developed team work skills and evidence of being able to work collaboratively with other team members
* Experience working under pressure and the ability to manage multiple situations occurring simultaneously.
* Ability to work as part of a 24/7 shift roster arrangement (minimum of 2 x 5hr shifts per week)
* Due to the highly sensitive nature of this role applicants must be able to pass a Criminal History Check.
As a Traffic Management Centre Operator you will have the opportunity to work with state of the art technologies and a great team, as well as be challenged and positively contribute to the community.
If you believe you have what it takes, please provide a cover letter outlining your motivation for applying and a resume that clearly outlines your relevant work experience.
Please apply online to submit your application