We are currently working with a state government department whom require a Tax Accountant to join the team on an initial 4 month contract with view for extension.
This role will be reporting to the Tax Manager, this role will be responsible for working within the Taxation team to ensure tax obligations are compliant with relevant operating standards and business procedures.
* FBT sampling in the various benefit types, particularly in high volume organisations
* Preparation of FBT returns
* Interpreting FBT legislation
* Preparing Australian corporate tax return and tax effect accounting calculations
* Working with advisers to manage tax compliance, reviews and audits for assigned foreign jurisdictions
* Preparing transfer pricing data
* Coordinating the Australian Research & Development process
* Preparing and filing Taxable Payments Annual Reports
* Calculating and arranging payment of withholding taxes
* Assisting the team with advising on tax aspects of tenders and business development proposals
* Degree in Commerce or Business (Major in Accounting preferred)
* CA or CPA qualified
* MUST have FBT sampling analysis experience
* Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar position
* Government experience desirable, but not essential
* Ability to manage workload and deliver to deadlines
* Clear and concise communication skills
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role.