Shift Supervisor - Packaging
We are currently recruiting for a Nightshift Supervisor for a Packaging Manufacturing Plant based in the Yatala area. Due to recent changes we have introduced an extra shift due to customer supply and demand.
The Shift Supervisor is responsible to lead and coordinate the production activities of the shift to achieve the most effective outcome in support of the business standards and budgets. This includes safety; on time and on spec production; contribution to a continuous improvement culture and ensuring open communications and respect on the shift.
- Brand New Site - Packaging
- Nightshift role - Salary position + 30% nightshift allowance
- Manage Team of approx. 10
About your new role:
- Assist to troubleshoot and resolve productivity issues and faults
- Track, monitor and report on productivity activities and costs
- Manage and motivate the production crews to deliver timely production of products to meet customer
- Conduct weekly, and as required, communication (toolbox) sessions to production teams outlining business
- Develop and drive a culture quality and improvement initiatives through the plant such as GMP/food safety
- Development of the business quality system through to the Shift Managers and Quality Manager
- Administrative functions to be completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Review and provide for sign-off on weekly timesheets, leave applications, higher duties
- Reporting on purchasing of products, services, hire, in conjunction with Supply Chain Manager
- Incoming and outgoing goods are properly recorded in accordance with business policies and procedures
- Previous experience in Shift Supervisor Role - min 3 years
- Packaging or Food Manufacturing experience highly desirable
- Driven for results and passionate about success
- Ability to inspire, engage and motivate others to over achieve their targets
- Lead by example in shaping the desired culture
- Qualification in manufacturing or trade highly desired
- Food safety, GMP experience
APPLY NOW link to submit your application for this excellent opportunity to secure a Permanent role. We look forward to hearing from you!
Programmed strives for diversity, inclusion and equality of our people. We seek a workforce that is representative of the communities we work in. We encourage people of all cultures, gender, age, sexual orientation or abilities to apply.
QLD Licence- LHL-02514-D2P2F