Our client is looking for senior server and firewall infrastructure engineer to manage, maintain and document its physical and virtual environments, including Citrix thin client desktops, Windows servers running VMWare virtual machines, NAS and SAN storage, and the firewall environment.
* 6 months contract + extension option
* Immediate start
* Great pay and culture. Call on
About your new role:
* Lead on all matters related to department's client, server, storage, backup and cloud infrastructure;
* Document the existing technical environment, including server physical and virtual configurations, network topology and firewall configurations;
* Design, specify and implement infrastructure upgrades at the direction of CISO;
* Troubleshoot the most complex technical problems, engaging with external providers when appropriate;
* Act as a source of technical guidance and escalation point for the Help Desk team; and
* Design and implement a firewall monitoring plan.
* High level on-premises server infrastructure experience, particularly in a thin client and virtual server environment.
* Strong experience with Citrix, VMWare and Windows Server. Industry qualifications in one or more of these product domains will be very highly regarded.
* Experience in firewall configuration and administration.
* Proven ability to produce useable system documentation.
* Proven ability to draft technical specifications.
* Proven attention to detail.
* Proven ability to communicate and work effectively with both technical and non-technical staff.
Join the Programmed community and work for a company that who values your safety and wellbeing.
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please contact Niklesh Govande on , to have a confidential chat about your career or click on the APPLY NOW link to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Programmed strives for diversity, inclusion and equality of our people. We seek a workforce that is representative of the communities we work in. We encourage people of all cultures, gender, age, sexual orientation or abilities to apply.