Programmed Professionals is one of Australia's leading professional, engineering and technical recruitment agencies, servicing clients nationally.
Our client based near the North of the CBD are currently seeking a Senior Strategic Planning Officer to join their team for a 5-month contract.
- Respond to written and verbal customer enquiries,applicant Scheme Amendment liaison and pre-lodgement advice, inspections, statutory and technical assessment,research and investigation.
- Preparation and presentation of the Council's position in public meetings, evidence, appeals or inquiries, consultant selection, supervision and project management, stakeholder consultation, assessment and consideration of public submissions.
- Preparation of internal reports, recommendations or advice to outside agencies, assistance to the Manager with oversight of work processes, quality control and staff supervision, mentoring and recruitment as directed.
- Preparation and review of Town Planning Schemes, Amendments and Planning Policy.
- Major strategic Development Applications and Structure Planning proposals.
- Preparation of Amendments and Detailed Area Plans associated with the core responsibilities of the Business Unit.
- Tertiary level qualifications in Town Planning, or a related discipline
- Demonstrated high level of knowledge and understanding of the principles and practise of statutory and strategic Town Planning in a Local Government environment
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to negotiate at high levels.
- Ability to exercise decision-making and judgement in a logical, lawful and accountable manner.
- C' Class Drivers Licence.
- Current National Police Clearance (under 3 months).
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Tara McKay at Programmed Professionals on or email