We are currently recruiting for a Senior Procurement and Contracts Officer to be based in Brisbane CBD for an initial seven month assignment with possible extension. The Senior Procurement and Contracts Officer will be required to provide robust procurement guidance and services while developing effective relationships with internal clients, client groups, stakeholders, customers and business areas; supporting the organisation, Whole of Government (WoG) networks, commercial suppliers and staff through various stages, to successfully deliver a range of high quality end-to-end procurement services.
About your new role:
- Providing advice on end-to-end purchasing, procurement and contract management activities, including undertaking research and analysis
- Conducting procurement planning activities, the construction of compliant and competitive proposals, various briefs, correspondence and sourcing documentation; spanning tender development, release, evaluation processes and to contract negotiations, drafting and contract award
- Advise, guide and mentor other team members and staff on State, Whole of Government (WoG) and organisational procurement policies, processes and practices, and templates used to deliver holistic procurement services to clients
- Working with suppliers to ensure positive business relationships and accurate preparation and implementation of vendor and client contracts, agreements and supplier performance plans
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of procurement systems, strategies, policies and governance documentation, templates and processes, organisational processes and procurement, category and contract management best practice
- Support and manage the implementation of contemporary procurement practices, through innovative service delivery, customer experience and the application of project and program methodologies
- Leading evaluation processes in line with a variety of procurement methodologies to achieve value for money, best-fit outcomes and create efficiencies of scale
- Working with stakeholder groups to develop and execute market research, risk analysis, sourcing strategies, procurement and evaluation plans, and contract specifications
- Managing access to and distribution of tenders in accordance with policy, procedures and probity requirements
- Demonstrated ability in providing high quality, well thought through advice and/or solutions to internal clients and meeting strategic organisational outcomes
- a qualification in Procurement
- a minimum 3-5 years' experience in a similar role;
- experience in one or both of Government and/or private sector procurement;
- Formal training and/or experience in project management.
Click on the APPLY NOW link to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
QLD Licence- LHL-02514-D2P2F