Senior Payroll Officer
PERSOKELLY is seeking an experienced Senior Payroll Officer located in the Logan region of Brisbane. In this role you will assist in the preparation for payroll, utilising the Technology One Payroll System for all payroll costings, wages and salaries.
Your Duties/responsibilities will be:
- Take responsibility for the co-ordination, development, and maintenance and reporting of the payroll business processes and systems.
- Prepare termination and manual payments on an ad hoc basis.
- Responsible for reconciliation of superannuation payments for, employees on a fortnightly basis.
- Complete employee Masterfile changes in the Technology One HR/Payroll system as a result of New Starters and Employee Movements.
- Process the payroll for all pay groups on a fortnightly basis ensuring gross, taxation and banking amounts balance before net wages are remitted to employee bank accounts.
- Maintain, audit, confirm all time, costings, exceptions and leave entitlement records and also update changes to employee database records, given authorization to relevant awards, pay rates, taxation legislation, superannuation returns, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for preparation of wage related statistics for Australian Bureau of Statistics, the accurate preparation of Taxation forms and reconciliations
- Responsible for periodic payroll deductions and on call leave registers.
- Attend to all aspects of the payroll runs in accordance with council's policies and procedures and system maintenance and reporting instructions, in the absence of the Payroll Administrator, or on an ad hoc basis.
- Using Spread sheeting and database tools as offered in the Microsoft products and other desktop PC tools.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- This position operates within established practices including Technology One HR/Payroll configuration with an expectation to use initiative for decision making, improvements in business and system processes and problem solving within defined guidelines, policies, procedures and legislative rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated specific knowledge, ability and practical experience in payroll systems and application of relevant awards, industrial relations issues, current employee entitlements, taxation reforms and superannuation legislations.
- Demonstrated highly developed numeric literacy, knowledge and practical experience using the payroll and reporting functions of Technology One payroll system.
- Proven ability and experience in the drafting and production of management reports extrapolating payroll data to reflect trends, analysis and workforce planning data.
- Demonstrated well developed skills, in understanding and interpreting the human resource, payroll costing and financial implications, associated with accrual accounting of employee entitlements, to the interfaced financial system.
- Demonstrated well developed oral, written, communication and negotiation skills, in order to deal with people at all levels with tact and responsibility.
- Possess highly developed self-motivation, with a demonstrated ability to train others and share intellectual knowledge in a team environment.
- Tertiary qualifications in personnel, finance or commerce or related disciplines, would be an advantage and high regarded.
If you feel you are suitable for this role please apply by clicking 'Apply Now'.
Job reference number:
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.
QLD Licence- LHL-02514-D2P2F