Programmed Professionals is one of Australia's leading professional, engineering and technical recruitment agencies, servicing clients nationally.
We are working with one of our successful mining clients, who are currently looking for a Senior Health and Safety Advisor to work on a 2:1 FIFO roster to the Pilbara.
- Providing visible safety leadership (lead by example), modelling positive safety behaviours and safety culture to all site personnel.
- Assist with the application of appropriate working knowledge to the HSES Management System
- Facilitate and participation in incident investigations, provide support and guidance to contracting groups. Ensuring that for all significant incidents that the ICAM process is adhered to
- Assist and work with individuals to correct at risk behaviour
- Conduct and assist mentoring personnel with workplace and task hazard identification, risk assessments and controls
- Facilitate and contribute value to team based risk assessments
- Plan and deliver Safety Meetings
- Liaise and provide assistance to contracting groups
- Attend Pre-Start meetings at various locations on site - contribute to discussion and ensure engagement of personnel
- Assist with the development of SWI's from a Safety perspective
- Implementation and monitoring of Major Hazards ensuring adherence to plan, and acceptable audit scores
- Conduct and provide mentoring in the Critical Control Monitoring program
- Management at a site level of the companies safety management system BMS
- Assist to identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices
Skills, qualifications and experience required:
- Significant experience in similar OHS roles
- Significant experience in the resources sector (Surface Mining/Large Scale Civil/Rail)
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
- Knowledge of AS/NZ & ISO standards
- The ability to interpret and apply specific legislation.
- Apply risk management principles.
- Evaluate and apply recognized management systems models (e.g. AS/NZ 4801, ISO3100)
- Evaluate OHS performance (Understand leading and lagging indicators- use of statistics, trending etc).
- The ability to conduct inspections and auditing.
- The ability to facilitate and actively participate in Investigations (ICAM)
- The ability in delivering content (PSI, Safety Meetings, HSRS Committee Meetings)
- The ability to prepare and issue various reports (weekly, monthly and yearly overviews)
- Diploma in OHS (Minimum)
- ICAM Facilitator (Required)
- Cert IV Training & Assessment (Required)
- Lead Auditor in OHS Management systems (Desirable)
- Lead Investigator (Desirable)
- Group Based Risk Assessment (Desirable)
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Programmed Professionals on