We are currently recruiting for a Senior Engineer to be based in the Moreton Bay region for an initial six month term. The role will undertake complex technical investigations and analysis for a range of floodplain, stormwater and drainage related matters, providing mitigation/upgrade strategies, detailed engineering solutions and project proposals.
About your new role:
- Act as a point of contact for floodplain investigation and analysis, by providing expert computer modelling, technical advice, innovative outcomes and practical problem solving outcomes.
- Coordinate and/or undertake flood studies for waterways within the region to support infrastructure investigations and projects, including the management of specialist consultants
- Investigate flood, stormwater and drainage related problems identify cost-effective retrofit solutions and prepare detailed options analysis and recommendations to management.
- Maintenance of Council's Regional Flood Database (RFD) and Flood Check Property Report (FCPR) and other flood related databases.
- Contribute to the effective delivery of advance planning for the Drainage Waterways and Coastal Planning section annual and multi-year works program.
- Prepare and present complex technical reports and correspondence describing the outcome of engineering investigations
- Degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking, reasoning, evaluation and decision making skills
- Well-developed people and relationship skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment communicating and motivating effectively at all levels of the organisation
Click on the APPLY NOW link to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
QLD Licence- LHL-02514-D2P2F