We are currently recruiting for a Senior Communications Advisor, to be based on the Gold Coast for a nine month engagement with possible extension.
As a Senior Communications Advisor, you will provide strategic internal and external communication services for South Coast Region on community engagement, public affairs, correspondence, media relations, issues management, and stakeholder relationship management across a variety of regional infrastructure projects.
About your new role:
- Lead community and stakeholder engagement activities for road infrastructure projects in the region, including providing project managers with ongoing strategic communications advice, and developing and implementing communication strategies
- Lead the implementation of community engagement, community relations and correspondence programs by supporting the delivery of consistent and effective communication and stakeholder management across the region to internal and external stakeholders
- Liaise with the project team and communication and correspondence staff to identify communication issues and develop and implement proactive measures for issues management and communication activities
- Review and monitor compliance with all communications, media and stakeholder contractual requirements under the project documents and provide relevant advice to project director
- Demonstrated previous experience as a Senior Communications Advisor
- A degree in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing would be highly desirable
- Experience in major project environments and social media competency, will also be highly regarded
- IAP2 or equivalent training in community engagement
If this sounds like the opportunity for you please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you.
QLD Licence- LHL-02514-D2P2F