We are currently recruiting for a Senior Civil Designer to be based in Northern Brisbane area for a short term assignment.
This role will prepare documentation and detailed civil engineering based designs for projects that incorporate a range of elements that form the built environment and are consistent with council's strategic outcomes of quality urban design and place making.
- Free parking located on site
- Short Term Assignment with possible extension
About your new role:
- Prepare complex integrated civil engineering based designs consistent with council's strategic outcomes and policies of developing quality places around the needs of people drawing from contemporary best practice and standards
- Apply advanced technical design knowledge to the development of innovative solution based outcomes that integrate transport, water sensitive design, street scaping and urban design outcomes within the public realm and which interface with private spaces.
- Prepare accurate estimates of costs and project documentation using schedules of rates, bills of quantities and by applying experience and knowledge of identified issues that may impact on cost estimates
- Act as a point of contact for design matters by providing expert advice, innovation and problem solving for management.
- Liaise with external stakeholders and authorities to obtain information in assisting with the completion of project designs as well as internal stakeholders including project sponsors/owners, project managers and other key stakeholders including divisional councillors
- Assist in the processing of inquiries from both internal and external customers
- Bachelor, Associate or Advanced Diploma in Civil Engineering or other related field.
- Construction Induction Card competency that has been used or obtained within the past 2 years.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set.
- High level of proficiency in the preparation of civil engineering design plans and the integration of other elements of the built environment using computer aided design methods including AutoCAD and 12D model software or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately measure quantities for the preparation of cost estimates as well as interpret client needs through written documentation (design briefs) and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to read survey plans and interpret survey field data
Click on the APPLY NOW link to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
QLD Licence- LHL-02514-D2P2F