Our client are seeking a Senior Category Specialist for a period of 3 - 4 months based in an Inner Brisbane CBD location. The purpose of this role is to deliver procurement outcomes that optimise value for money, are ethical and dive opportunities to innovate, and endeavour to advance economic, environmental and social objectives through adoption of a best practice approach
- Develop Category plans in collaboration with internal business partners that are informed by data analytics, supply market, risk and opportunities analysis, which provides direction for managing the commodity of goods/services.
- Contribute to the development long term procurement strategies that are informed by spend analytics, supply market analysis, and opportunity analysis to ensure the sourcing approach adopted contributes to the business achieving its objectives, delivers whole of life value and innovation
- Provide leadership and input into strategic sourcing projects throughout the procurement lifecycle, including advising as subject matter expert, participating in contract negotiations and contract development
- Develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships to manage supplier performance, ensure that QUU understands industry trends, emerging opportunities and innovation
- Measure, benchmark and manage the performance of the supplier network within categories under management
- Develop and manage professional stakeholder relationships and develop a comprehensive understanding of QUU's business requirements.
- A degree qualification in procurement, business or a related discipline is highly desirable.
- 5 years of demonstrated progressive work experience in the relevant specialisation, including some supervising
- Demonstrated Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Relationship Management and contract management skills
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and manage procurement activities through to contract execution
- Demonstrated ability to manage compliance of supply arrangements for both suppliers and internal customers
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and execute robust contract agreements
- Highly developed ERP and MS Office skills
If sounds like the opportunity for you please apply below
QLD Licence- LHL-02514-D2P2F