Safety Coordinator - Manufacturing Plant - Permanent Role - Excellent Salary
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Safety Coordinator to be based in Wacol
Our client is a Global Building Supply and Manufacturing Company, with a strong team culture and a reputation for providing a safe working environment. Reporting to the Safety Manager, you will be an integral part of the safety team.
The role of the Safety coordinator will support the effecting coordination and adminsitration of day to day safety management systems at the plant. This role will be responsible to ensure that all plant H&S administration and compliance actions are adhered to. The Safety coordinator will support and collaborate with the Safety Manager to support the implementation of plant initiatives, drive adherence to standardised compliance requirements and work with operators and other plant stakeholders to determine day to day safety priorities.
- Work Locally - Permanent Role
- Global Company - Manufacturing
- Opportunities for growth and development
About your new role:
- Induct new employees, contractors and visitors to site on relevant safety
- Enter Risks, IR's, BOF, Training, CTW Audits, Safety Talks & Alerts
- Coach and Mentor line managers to complete workplace audits and inspections
- Coach and Mentor line managers to adhere to safety
- Oversee high risk work and ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place
- Maintain incident and corrective actions registers
- Maintain Safety Leadership Activity Registers and Records database
- Maintain Site Hazard and Risk Registers
- Update all safety date and graphs
- Conduct Workplace Assessments and Inspections
- Participate in Site safety committees
- Maintain Safety Leadership Activity Registers
- Undertake risk assessment and develop and maintain Safe Operating Procedures
- Develop and deliver safety communication to prevent workplace incidents
- Develop and establish a safety culture that cultivates & sustains best practice mindset
- Assist with RTW and Injury Management support to the site.
- Arrange site health promotions and activities
- Proven ability to work in a team and influence a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to operate within and execute a safety operating system in a workplace
- Understanding of managing safety compliance requirements
- Ability to adhere to safety behavior change Minimum Diploma OH&S or relevant tertiary qualifications
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in safety in construction, mining or manufacturing
- Experience in a H&S administration within a manufacturing environment
- Experience in developing RTW Plans and Managing RTW Processes
APPLY NOW link to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Programmed strives for diversity, inclusion and equality of our people. We seek a workforce that is representative of the communities we work in. We encourage people of all cultures, gender, age, sexual orientation or abilities to apply.
QLD Licence- LHL-02514-D2P2F