Programmed Skilled Workforce is currently seeking an experienced and Rollingstock Maintainer, based locally in Darwin. The position will be fulltime hours, Monday to Friday and will require a safety-focused and motivated team player.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Multi-skilled - able to work across all mechanical tasks.
- Excellent fault finding and analytical skills.
- Sound communication skills.
- Flexible working attitude.
- Commitment to Zero Injuries.
- Experience in heavy industry.
- Railway wagon maintenance experience.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Certificate III in Engineering - Electrical/Electronic, Fabrication or Mechanical (or equivalent)
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform planned service work on wagons or locomotives.
- Perform unplanned work on wagons/locomotives associated with failures and preventative maintenance.
- Perform other tasks as required including, fuelling, sanding, locomotive washing and provisioning.
- Perform mechanical work on all other rollingstock, including crew cars and fuel wagons.
- Use of computerised maintenance management systems.
- Undertake and manage isolation / safety lockout procedures.
- Shift work and rostered weekend work.
- Participate in and contribute to workshop safety programs and initiatives.
- Operation of locomotive turntable.
- Undertaking locomotive overhaul and capital works.
- Undertaking locomotive modifications.
- Traction motor servicing and repairs.
- Maintenance and repairs to electrical and mechanical components.
- Repairs and modifications to locomotive air brake systems.
- Field Maintenance of rollingstock including derailment recovery.
- Driving/operating field service vehicles and mobile lifting equipment.
- Scheduled servicing, unplanned maintenance and modifications to rollingstock.
- Maintenance and repair of fixed plant and workshop equipment.
If you meet the requirement listed above please select apply now and submit your application!