This is your chance to be part of an organisation whose plan is to deliver and manage a road system that improves the livability of Queenslanders and affords safe travel conditions for all road users and supports environmentally sustainable transport solutions.
In the role of Roadworks Inspector, you will monitor, audit, evaluate and report on all elements of roadworks, contracts and maintenance delivery, to ensure compliance with compulsory and agreed standards. You will monitor, audit, evaluate and report on activities occurring in or impacting upon the road corridor, and provide technical advice in relation to pre-construction, construction, maintenance and resource co-ordination activities.
- Provide technical support, advice, knowledge, and experience to achieve effective outcomes from sole invitee, local government, and open contracts.
- Conduct surveillance and audits of contractor's works, processes and quality records to ensure compliance with governance and contract conditions.
- Maintain detailed records (diaries, test results, photos) and reports to a high standard
- Provide regular advice to superintendents representative on contractor performance, including hold points, NCR's, CAR's and general progress
- Guide, mentor, coach and train graduates and less experienced inspectors in all aspects of road works, quality assurance, safety traffic and environmental management.
- Liaise with the community in relation to activities within the road reserve and other property owned or managed by TMR.
- Checking the end of month claims for accuracy.
- Confirming the adequacy of the backlog of defects and undertaking OPM audits
- Inspecting and approving the proposed monthly routine maintenance program
- Auditing the quality of monthly activities undertaken by the contractor
The position will report to the Senior Project Manager and be an initail six month contract with the possibility of extension
- Current Class 'C' driver's licence.
- Cert III in Civil Construction and Maintenance, or Cert IV in Civil Construction Supervision, or Cert IV in Civil Operations.
- Experience in the construction and maintenance of road infrastructure (pavements, signs & lines, drainage structures, vegetation, and so on).
- Experience dealing with customer requests and complaints
If sounds like the opportunity for you please apply now
QLD Licence- LHL-02514-D2P2F