Airport Retail Enterprises is a well-established and successful Australian owned and operated business operating airport food and beverage concessions across Australia including Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Townsville, Canberra and Mt Isa Airports.
Responsible to: The Café Manager/Supervisor
Responsible for Assisting the Café Manager/Supervisor. Duties may include:
- Operating the till, and balancing it on a daily basis
- Banking the café takings daily
- Keeping accurate time sheets daily
- Checking that orders have been correctly delivered and charged for
- Serving customers in a pleasant and courteous manner
- Cleaning the kitchen, café area in accordance with Health and Safety Regulations and Guidance
- Keeping cleaning and temperature records
- Undertaking the preparation of the food and beverages served in the café
- Clearing tables
- Washing up
- Ensuring that the café environment is pleasant and welcoming in line with the expectation's of ARE and Canberra Airport
- Reporting maintenance issues to the Café Supervisor
- Ensuring that any risk assessments are complied with
- Maintaining such records as are required by the Café Supervisor
- Demonstrated genuine hospitality and service by welcoming and seating guests in a timely manner.
- Directed and delegated tasks to team members in order to ensure that the guests have a high quality dining experience.
- Routinely supported other areas of the restaurant such as taking food and beverage orders, answering telephones, and completing financial transaction
- Liaise between the kitchen staff, management and floor staff.
- Oversee and pro-actively deal with guest queries and complaints.
- Advise guests on menus and beverage choices.
- Checking and dealing with guests special occasion arrangements.
- Cafe Workers perform their tasks under the supervision of a Cafe Supervisor and are responsible for seating customers, taking orders, taking food