Programmed is recruiting for Rail Protection Officers (Level 2 & above), with Metro Trains qualifications, to be based in Greater Western Sydney.
- Attractive rates of pay and flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training and development
- Various locations around the Greater Sydney area
The prime candidate would be a subject matter expert, at their level of competence, in Rail Safeworking and be able to complete the following duties autonomously:
- Preliminary site risk assessment
- Develop safeworking documentation (We want individuals who take pride in the preparation of this documentation)
- Select and implement appropriate level of Worksite Protection (to level of competence held)
- Liaise professionally and confidently with key stakeholders such as site supervisors, engineers, signallers etc.
- Identify Safety Critical information to be communicated to personnel on site
- Deliver Safeworking Pre-Work Briefing (must have strong communication skills)
- Manage worksite to align with safeworking implemented
- Continually monitor and re-assess worksites and identify changes and respond accordingly
- Respond to emergency situations
**MUST HOLD METRO TRAINS PO2 (Gap Training must have been completed already and on your RIW Card)**
- Category 1 Rail Medical (Note: ongoing Drug and Alcohol testing internally and externally with Zero Tolerance Policies)
- Have a comprehensive understanding and navigate Network Rules and Procedures for the Metro Trains Network (and any other networks qualifications are held in)
- White Card - General Construction Induction
- Rail Industry Worker (RIW) Card
- Protection Officer Level 2 - MTS Network (higher levels of qualification and additional networks advantageous)
- Metro Trains Sydney Network Rules and Procedures gap training
- MUST have a valid licence and reliable transport
- Able to communicate using the phonetic alphabet
- Know how to identify a location across any network using infrastructure and maps (including which direction is city/country)
- Problem Solving Skills, and have the ability to think on your feet in fast paced environments
- Strong communication skills
- 100% commitment to safety
Join the Programmed community and work for a company who values your safety and wellbeing.
Programmed supports a workplace culture of zero harm and encourages this in all that we do.
Programmed strives for diversity, inclusion and equality of our people. We seek a workforce that is representative of the communities we work in. We encourage people of all cultures, gender, age, sexual orientation or abilities to apply.
Click on the APPLY NOW link to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Reference Number: