Our Government client is seeking a Project Officer for a three months contract to provide essential support to a variety of projects and work with the Project Manager and other project team members to achieve the respective project's goals.
- The Project Officer will provide essential support to a variety of NDIA projects. You will work with the Project Manager and other project team members to achieve the respective project's goals.
- As a project officer you will provide administrative and technical skills to support your respective project.
- Maintaining crucial project documents which track project progress. This may include reporting dashboards, assisting business case preparation, maintaining registers and action item logs.
- An understanding of how to identify and capture risks and issues, the difference between a risk and an issue and what treatments can be applied to an identified risk. You will record identified risks and issues in a register/log and manage on a regular basis with the project manager.
- Maintain the project schedule, monitoring deadlines for each project task and reporting any identified and/or potential delays to the Project Manager
- Organise meetings, create minutes from meetings, and prepare regular email correspondence and preparing formal communication regarding the project.
Qualifications and Experience
- Thorough familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, and project scheduling computer applications
- Familiarity with a project scheduling tool, ideally MS-Project
- Candidates who have worked with a Project methodology, either Prince2, PMI, Agile
- Candidates undertaking study in Project Management either tertiary or industry certification highly desirable
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently,
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure, trouble-shoot, and to meet short- and long-term deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in budget and financial management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical and creative thinking and analytical skills
- Knowledge or desire to learn formal project management techniques.