12 months contract
Our client, a well-known leader in the Rail and Transport Industry, is looking for a professional and reliable individual to join their team in Melbourne as a Project Engineer. This is a 12 months contract starting immediately with possible extension.
* Conduct and participate in the performance of engineering and project activities
* Project engineering and project management, technology development, design solution development and engineering investigation and analysis
* Review design development and procedures
* Interface to the wider business, particularly network engineering, maintenance and operations to keep abreast of proposed options and the progression of design works to seek their input and endorsement through development
* Contribute to systems engineering reviews, Safety in Design workshops and stakeholder reviews
* Ensure timely responses
* Provide technical and engineering expertise for the investigation and analysis of identified engineering system issue
* Participate in the development and maintenance of rail infrastructure maintenance and construction standards, technical maintenance plans, service schedules, inspection and test plans
* Participate in type approval submissions of rail related equipment / systems
* Review design submissions and identified anomalies in accordance with design principles and relative standards
* Review of applications looking to undertake works and obtain access to the network
* Draw upon specialist resources as required by the TWGs for specific issues
* Be a key contributor to risk and issue registers/workshops and mitigation strategies as per project director requirement
* Assist quality, operational readiness, commissioning and handover teams in performing their duties
* Participate in meetings with maintenance to ensure themes of reliability, maintainability, OPEX, safety, local knowledge is understood, the impact of the project is understood and these items are considered through design.
* Demonstrated experience and skills in engineering preferably in the rail environment.
* A minimum of 3+ years' experience in the delivery of projects within the rail environment and/or relevant experience in the Engineering discipline
* Experience in Rail, Track, Civil or Structures is advantageous but not essential
* Current Drivers Licence
If this sounds like you APPLY now. Please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.