Principle Environmental Health Policy Officer I Technical
PERSOKELLY is seeking an experienced Principle Environmental Health Policy Officer located in Logan Central. In this role you will lead the identification, development and delivery of complex, city-wide policy and strategy for the Environmental Health and Immunisation Program, to support the effective delivery of front line environmental health and immunisation services.
Your Duties/responsibilities will be:
- Lead and manage the delivery of a number of concurrent complex and strategic projects utilising structured frameworks to efficiently deliver required outputs, outcomes and benefits to agreed time, cost and quality.
- Complete readiness assessments and reviews with customers and project sponsors at all critical project delivery milestones to ensure expectations are met, and to gain sponsor approval to proceed to the next phase of project delivery or close the project.
- Establish tangible outcomes and benefits through project planning in consultation with the project sponsor and key customers, baseline and monitor these throughout delivery, and complete benefits realisation prior to project closure to ensure tangible results are achieved.
- Represent and advocate policy positions at relevant external bodies, such as Mayors South East Queensland sub-groups dealing with public and environmental health matters, South East Queensland Local Government Toolbox Steering Committee.
- Advocate, identify, develop and implement new legislative change that has significant impacts on Environmental Health and Immunisation services.
- Apply cross-organisational skills and relationships to lead and manage robust stakeholder analysis and comprehensive communication plans for all projects to ensure customer and stakeholder expectations are managed throughout, and that impacted stakeholders actively adopt required change outcomes upon project completion.
- Develop and maintain contemporary education and promotional material for issues including food safety, asbestos, immunisation, environmental protection and public health infection control.
- Lead and manage contract and tendering specifications for city-wide issues including sharps disposal, school immunisation program and community immunisation program.
- Prepare budget submissions and associated supporting documents for senior officers.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- A relevant degree qualification in the field of Environment Health that is recognised for eligibility of Membership of Environmental Health Australia or another degree qualification deemed relevant by the Environmental Health and Immunisation Program Leader. Degree or post-graduate qualifications in project or change management or equivalent relevant experience will be well regarded.
- Demonstrated extensive end-to-end program and project management experience, with a strong focus on stakeholder management and delivery of tangible outcomes and benefits in environmental health or public health fields.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of Queensland's public and environmental health legislation, including Food Act 2006, Environmental Protection Act 1994, Public Health Act 2005, Health Drugs and Poisons Regulation 1996, Public Health (Infection Control for Personal Appearance Services) Act 2003, National Immunisation Program Schedule relating to public and environmental health, and demonstrated extensive experience in analysing and interpreting these to achieve practical outcomes.
- Excellent customer and stakeholder engagement skills, including the ability to deeply understand the needs of customers and translate these into efficient operational support processes that add tangible value.
- Possession of a current driver's licence is essential.
- A lease vehicle is offered to the incumbent of this position.
- After hours duties are required, including participation in the after-hours on-call roster and remaining reasonably contactable after hours to provide direction and support to the officers participating in the after-hours on-call roster as required.
- This position has been identified as having a 'Significant Risk' of exposure to a disease preventable by vaccination. Therefore, it is a compulsory requirement of the position that the incumbent have the following vaccinations (which may vary in the future) in accordance with the terms of The Australian Immunisation Handbook and Worker Vaccination Management Directive. Vaccines for this position currently include: Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Tetanus, MMR, Pertussis and Chicken Pox.
If you feel you are suitable for this role please apply by clicking 'Apply Now'.
Job reference number:
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.
QLD Licence- LHL-02514-D2P2F