We are currently recruiting for a Principal Strategic Planner to be based in Brisbane for a temporary assignment. To provide specialist planning expertise in the delivery of strategic planning and place making services in accordance with relevant legislation and procedures, policies and directives.
About your new role:
- Operate as a technical expert and provide mentorship and guidance to team members to achieve required outcomes, within required timeframes and in a professional manner
- Provide accurate and timely information and expert advice to strategic planning and place making matters
- Partner with key internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities for continuous improvement of business processes to achieve value and efficiency, while driving a continuous improvement, performance, and customer focussed culture within the team
- Programmatically manage tasks and complex projects to achieve performance outcomes and contribute to the strategic direction and vision of the division
- Partner and foster strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders in the development and implementation of key policy around the planning scheme, infrastructure planning, significant major projects and key placemaking activities
- Act as a Council delegate on a variety of projects, providing a source of professional advice to key stakeholders
- Degree in urban and regional planning or other relevant field
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set
- Comprehensive knowledge of strategic land use planning processes, including the Planning Act 2016, SEQ Regional Plan, Council local laws and policies, or the ability to quickly acquire this information
- Expert knowledge of urban planning and development issues specifically around legislation reform and place making combined with an ability to generate innovative, commercially cognisant solutions, and deliver on our commitment of continual improvement
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts and negotiate sustainable outcomes
Click on the APPLY NOW link to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
QLD Licence- LHL-02514-D2P2F