We are currently recruiting for a Principal Communications Advisor to be based in the Southport area.
In the role of Principal Communications Advisor, you will lead and coordinate internal and external communication services for the Gold Coast Light Rail project on community engagement, public affairs, correspondence, media relations, issues management, and stakeholder relationship management. You will represent the interests of the department and its stakeholders in all forums. You will also provide high level media, communication and strategic advice to the project director on a range of communication activities.
- State Government Department | AO7
- 12 Month Tenure with possible long-term extension
- Play a key Role in Communication strategies
About your new role:
- Develop and execute integrated strategies for issues management, public communication, media liaison and community engagement activities, within an over-arching departmental-wide strategy
- Provide strategic advice and expertise to management and communication teams and other project staff on risk assessment, issues management, communication strategies within the department, executive correspondence and on improving relationships with key stakeholders and the community
- Work with the departments' communication services and media teams to assist management in providing advice to the ministers' office, including identifying media opportunities and preparing communication material for the ministers and senior regional, branch and divisional management
- Play a key role in major and/or sensitive matters such as: planning studies (particularly integrated planning studies, construction projects and operations, by developing and implementing risk analyses, issues management and communication strategies
- Lead and implement the project community engagement, community relations and correspondence program by supporting the delivery of consistent and effective communication to internal and external stakeholders
- Lead stakeholder relationship management across a number of areas of the department and external stakeholders including the general community, industry, business communities and local and federal government agencies
- Develop relationships with the media, key stakeholders and related project teams to facilitate cooperation, coordination and enhanced communication channels
- Degree level qualifications in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing
- Demonstrated experience in major project environments and social media competency
- Self-directed with experience leading others
- Rigorously research and analysis of information whilst demonstrating good judgement in decision making
- Ability to navigates complex and ambiguous environments; in the absence of complete information, accurately reads situations and group dynamics
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please contact the Programmed Professionals on to have a confidential chat about your career or click on the APPLY NOW link to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Programmed strives for diversity, inclusion and equality of our people. We seek a workforce that is representative of the communities we work in. We encourage people of all cultures, gender, age, or abilities to apply.
QLD Licence- LHL-02514-D2P2F