We are currently recruiting for an experienced Port Engineer to be based in North Queensland.
This role is responsible for ensuring the assets needed for optimising Port activities are always in operable and optimal condition. This includes ensuring ongoing engagement with identified stakeholders, regular inspections and required maintenance is undertaken at appropriate times, and in accordance with regulatory conditions to provide the best value and longest life for assets.
- Opportunities for growth and development
About your new role:
- Planning and coordination of maintenance activities to ensure use and lifespan of assets
- Management of hydrographic survey, bed levelling and dredging for port
- Ensuring dredging activities are undertaken in accordance with approval conditions
- Detailing engineering inspection, audition and investigation of assets to ensure regularity compliance
- Designing and implementing monitoring regimes to capture, store and interpret coastal metocean effects within its port limits
- Project Management of Infrastructure Repairs or Upgrades- inclusive of development and review of design briefs, management of design consultants, tendering and management of construction activities along with the contract administration processes.
- Degree qualification in Engineering with strong port industry experience, including exposure to Marine, Coastal and/ or Port Engineering
- Demonstrated use of innovation and analytical skills to generate viable options and develop solutions to diverse engineering issues
- Demonstrated experience in maintenance of steel and concrete structures, inspection and investigation of assets and Project Management and Delivery
- Construction and Constructability experience and good knowledge and understanding of the Building Code
- Knowledge of Sea Floor Management Processes- Survey, Bed Levelling and Dredging.
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please contact Samantha on , to have a confidential chat about your career or click on the APPLY NOW link to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Programmed strives for diversity, inclusion and equality of our people. We seek a workforce that is representative of the communities we work in. We encourage people of all cultures, gender, age, sexual orientation or abilities to apply.
QLD Licence- LHL-02514-D2P2F