The opportunity on offer will suit enthusiastic individuals who can help develop decisive new policies to be considered by the government and successfully driving change from a central agency. To succeed on this role, you must adhere to tight deadlines, think through strategic issues, researching, presenting, liaising with people to understand their perspectives, and preparing advice to be used when the time comes.
To be eligible for this role, you must be an Australian citizen, be willing to obtain Baseline security clearance and comply with pre-employment background checks.
you must have your own laptop, mobile device and be able to work remotely from home.
- Policy development and analysis - based on stakeholders' views incorporated with your scope of products
- Support the Minister and senior executive through briefing and presentation material in accordance with government goals, stakeholder perspectives, risks and mitigations
- Coordinate and support stakeholder engagement processes across APS, in order to improve quality of policy development activities.
- Identify issues and propose effective solutions
- Previous experience as a Government Policy Officer - Candidates on EL1 level will be expected to demonstrate significant expertise in government policy development processes
- Advanced and persuasive written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive research, interpretation and critical analysis skills
- Experience in data or digital transformation would be an advantage
- Experience in Cabinet processes, and preparing briefs for Ministers and senior executive that help achieve government's goals
- Be enthusiastic to help develop bold new policy for government to consider, and support these initiatives through to announcement by government.
- Be excited by the chance to gain experience leading policy initiatives and driving change from a central agency.
- Reach out to people across the APS to create robust, proactive advice to government, and to improve how government 'does digital'.
- Enjoy the pressure of tight deadlines, such as during Cabinet processes, and creating the products - submissions, briefings, presentations etc. - that will help our Minister and senior executive to lead the Strategy.
- Be thinking through strategic issues, researching, talking with people to understand their perspectives, and preparing advice to be used when the time comes
To be eligible for this role, you must be an Australian citizen and be willing to obtain Baseline security clearance and comply with pre-employment background checks.
For this role, you must have your own laptop and mobile device and be able to work remotely from home.
Please submit your application by clicking, APPLY NOW!
Applications close 3pm Friday 3 April 2020. Please include two referees on your CV
For more information, please contact Danielle at Programmed Professionals on