Our valued client is seeking a planning manager to plan, schedule and dispatch maintenance work orders packages in accordance with the operational maintenance plan. This role will be starting early 2019
- Optimise maintenance activities by working with both QUU and UWS stakeholders to maximise the use of resources through:
- Synchronisation of activities to avoid repeat visits.
- Optimumise scheduling to reduce traveling between works.
- Effectively enabling works to minimise non-productive time.
- Dispatching works in a timely manner to ensure the field workforce are kept productive.
- Managing changes in the plan to avoid standing time within the field workforce.
- Maximising productivity through the monitoring of work in the field.
- Prepare a Master Control Plan for maintenance work to be delivered within the Operational Program of Works by:
- Utilising information from the Maintenance Plan and supporting documents.
- Liaising with QUU's delegates for advanced scheduling i.e. isolations etc.
- Liaising with Internal and external stakeholders to optimise allocation of resources for advanced work order pakaging.
- Prepare KPI reports including progress against targets on a regular basis, as per operational requirements.
- Manage work flow queues within your area of responsibility to ensure KPI compliance.
- Coordinate with the client for regular progress and performance reports on client-related activities, materials, client approvals potential time and/or cost impacts.
- Liaise with Operational Supervisors to affectively allocate resources and dispatch work orders.
- Proactively identify, interpret and highlight risk and initiate action to prevent problems from occurring
- Make recommendations to Management on opportunities to drive in budget savings, improved efficiencies and more effective utilisation of electrical, mechanical, civil staff, contractors and assets.
- Coordinate delivery of customer notifications.
- Maintain required spreadsheets and databases.
- Work is to be carried out in a manner which is acceptable to the operating workplace, health & safety, environmental and quality improvement requirements.
- Responsible and accountable for keeping accurate and complete records of business activities. Use of the official recordkeeping system is mandatory.
- Planning, and dispatch experience in a high volume Maintenance environment.
- Experience using SAP for work order and resource management.
- Knowledge of technical equirements for maintenance activities in the water industry.
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills to maximise productivity in the field and drive jobs to completion.
- Demonstrated written communication and IT skills.
- An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex service-oriented environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and commitment to Health and Safety.
- Demonstrated track record of achieving the required cost, quality and time schedules.
- Demonstrated management and organisational skills.
QLD Licence- LHL-02514-D2P2F
If this is the opportunity for you please apply below, alternatively please call Samantha on for further information