Mine Planning Engineer
Range River, Tasmania
3 month Full time - contract
Our client is currently looking for Mine Planning Engineer to join their growing team. The successful candidate will Coordinate, develop, schedule and manage all short to medium term planning activities and develop plans/schedules as required to ensure the outcomes of the
Life of Mine Plan, Budgets and Forecasts and with regard to the above activities in the most diligent, effective, efficient, safe and environmentally responsible manner by carrying out the enclosed duties.
Main responsibilities will involve:
* Ensure compliance with relevant Grange Resources Safety Systems which includes GMS, and Toolbox Meetings
* Ensure that Contractors, Visitors and other external agents comply with Grange Policies and Procedures
* Comply with all statutory and mandatory Australian and Tasmania legislation and Standards such as The Workplace Safety Act 1995 as a "DUTY OF CARE" in accordance with employment with Grange Resources
* Ensure that the planning process reflects production and operational requirements
* Present Weekly Reconciliation Report that reflects on the previous Weekly Plan
* Monitoring actual performance against targets and taking corrective action
* Recommend changes as appropriate to maximise mine efficiencies
* Provide technical, design, support and assistance to the Pit Coordinators
* Ensure the Weekly Plan is broken down into sufficient detail that reflects the first four weeks from the 3MP schedule
* Review and Update Gapchecker on a daily basis and inform key personnel on any impacts that affect C2P and P2P from achieving the 3MP schedule
* Ensure that all planning and scheduling meets "Mine to Pellet" production and quality targets with regard to Grange Resources Supply Contracts
* Manage compliance with and maintain all workshop and equipment contamination control standards
* Provide cost information for forecast and budget plans
* Develop, monitor and review costs for the Budget and the Forecast.
Skills / Proven Ability:
* Minimum of 1 to 2 years' experience in open cut mining operations in both production and
* Planning roles and ideally drill and blast experience with completion of graduate training programme.
* Quarry Managers Ticket
* Management and supervisory skills performed in those positions.
* Competent knowledge and working experience of mine planning software packages preferably including Surpac, MineSched and Talpac
* Competent knowledge and working experience of Microsoft office software including Excel, Word, Project, Access and PowerPoint.
If this sounds like the role for you, APPLY NOW!
For urgent consideration, email your resume to
For a confidential discussion call .