Programmed Skilled Workforce is currently seeking an experienced Pipe Plant Operator for an ongoing day shift role based in Pooraka. This Position has the potential to progress into a Team Leader role for the right person.
Our client is the largest civil precast concrete manufacturer in Australia, supplying precast products to civil contractors, developers, local governments and other authorities for use in infrastructure and land development projects. They will also invest in your growth, providing you with direction, leadership and recognition. They value your contribution and nurture your personal and professional development.
To apply for this role, you should have the following skillsets and experience;
- Previous experience in the manufacture of precast concrete products
- Gantry crane experience highly regarded
- Experience in using of power and hand tools
- A high level of physical fitness as work will be manually intensive
- Pride in workmanship, attention to detail and quality control
- Demonstrates positive safety behaviors
- Works well in a team environment
- Maintain effective communication with management and the production team
- Driver's License & own reliable transport
- Ability to pass a medical, with Drug (urine) & Alcohol test
About the role and tasks:
- Working in a team stripping, cleaning, setting moulds both small and large
- Rolling finished moulds out of steam chambers manually and using an air powered push device
- Using gantry crane to lift mould up onto chocks or jig for stripping
- Use of air powered rattle guns to undo nuts, releasing end plates
- Use of hammers and tools to remove excess flash and assist removing mould
- Use of hoist to move finished product to finish goods line, may require branding via spray paint and inspection
- Cleaning moulds with hand tools, applying mould release oil/wax, replacing REO cage, replacing end caps and rolling down to the steam chambers
- REO Cage - operating automatic plant manufacture various size REO cages for pipe shed
- Use of gantry to replace wire spools, rolling cages off plant and into finished goods area. Placing caps om sharp ends as required, housekeeping
If you feel you are suitable for the position and have the right skillsets and experience, click apply now or call for any questions.