Our client is a large ASX Listed organisation in the resources sector who are looking for an experienced Payroll Officer to join their payroll team on a fixed term contract. This a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door with a major brand.
This role will be reporting to the Payroll Manager, the role of the Payroll officer will support the payroll function reporting, audit requirements, business processes, systems and transactions surrounding employee benefits.
The position will also ensure compliance with both local and legislative payroll requirements. In addition, this position will deliver support in providing resolution and advice on payroll related issues. The role will consist of the following duties but not limited to;
* Assisting with the end to end processing of both fortnightly and monthly payroll for site and corporate employees, as well as related activities.
* Assisting with preparation and performance of fortnightly pay runs for up to 250 employees and monthly pay runs of up to 2000 employees in the Australia region.
* Assisting with preparation and performance of other related employee benefit activities.
* Assisting with the reporting of Payroll information to the Leadership Team and head office.
* Liaising with a number of internal and external stakeholders to resolve and advise on payroll issues, including providing advice and support on payroll accounting and processes to Human Resources, Payroll, Finance and other departments.
* Identify and participate in process improvements and implementation.
* The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years within a similar position.
* Experience using SAP
* Current knowledge of Australian payroll and taxation application and legislation
* Ideally someone who has experience in the mining sector.
* You must have strong attention to detail and able to work under pressure, as no day will be the same.
* Excellent organisational and communication skills.
* Competitive salary
* Work for a leading mining organisation
* Perth based role
* 12 month Fixed Term Contract -including annual and sick leave, with a strong potential to go permanent.
* Leading Diversity
* Benefits including health and welfare components such as medical, life insurance and disability coverage as well as retirement, holidays and paid time off, and recognition awards.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role.
For more information on this role or a personal discussion please call Zoe Manifis at Programmed Professionals on .