This client, a family owned Importer and Wholesale Distributor is seeking an office administrator to join their team in this busy, varied role.
The role would suit an individual who is experienced in accounts receivable and debt collection, who has the skills and flexibility to provide administration assistance to the business owner as well as support in other areas of the office including but not limited to Customer Service & Marketing. A 'hands on', team based culture is central to this organisation's operations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Accounts Receivable - Management of small to medium sized Debtors Ledger with approximately 450 accounts, Daily Banking & Allocations, Reconciliations, Debt Collection, New Trade Account Applications & Credit Checks, Pro-Formas, Stop Supply / Credits, Buying Group Rebates, Statements and Month End Reporting. (This is approximately 40% of the workload)
- General Office Support - Reception, Customer Service support & coverage during absences. This includes customer telephone enquiries, providing general product information, stock & delivery information, data entry, invoicing, stock returns/credits, generating sales & inventory reports.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Sound knowledge of Credit Control including debt collection
- A sound understanding of reconciliation and journal processes including stock credits
- Previous experience in a product/inventory based business
- Proficient data entry, clerical & administration skills
- Clear communication skills both written & verbal
- Attention to detail, good time management & ability to prioritise workload
- Previous experience with computerised accounting & inventory software such as MYOB
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills - Excel skills would need to be Intermediate to Advanced
The position reports to the Accounts Manager and will suit a strong multi-tasker who is enthusiastic, flexible, willingly accepts responsibility and accountability for assigned tasks and is able to cover absences by backing up other areas within the office when and where required.
The role is full time hours, Monday to Friday, on a casual basis with a view to permanency.
Please apply online in word format or call Dale Rawlinson on with any specific questions/queries.