Our client is currently looking for a heavy mobile equipment operator. Reporting to the Quarry Manager, at a locally based quarry in Montacute, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of an array of mobile equipment and be involved in general fixed and mobile plant maintenance when required.
Employment will initially be on a full time-casual basis. The role is dayshift only, Monday to Friday (currently 6am -5pm), with some Saturday work (6am -12pm). The client is also willing to offer operator training for the right committed candidate.
Our client is committed to a diverse workforce and is an active equal opportunity employer.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Operation of haul trucks, water cart and tandem bin trucks
- General fixed plant maintenance - inc. changing screens, crusher liners, replace rollers, housekeeping, etc.
- Actively engage in all site safety systems including; incident reporting, pre-start checks, toolbox meetings, hazard identification, Take 5's and Active Choice initiatives
To be considered for this role, you must:
- have a current driver's licence
- be able to pass a full medical including drug and alcohol screen
- have the ability to work effectively in a friendly and supportive team environment
- be self motivated, with a high level of safety awareness
- show a good level of fitness, along with a healthy lifestyle ethic
It would be advantageous for you to also have:
- a HR licence
- a moderate to high level of computer literacy
- some prior administrative skills
- prior exposure to logistics
- steelwork skill-set
If you feel you are suitable for the role please call or apply now.