PROGRAMMED Training Services specialise in the employment of Apprentices and Trainees with our clients and the design and delivery of nationally accredited training.
PROGRAMMED, in partnership with Programmed Industrial Maintenance has an opportunity for a 1st Year New Entrant Mechanical Fitter apprentice.
Programmed are seeking motivated applicants that have a great eye for detail, mechanically minded, strong commitment to safety, have a passion for the mechanical industry and have the drive to commit to a 4 year apprenticeship.
To be considered you must have the following:
* Completed Year 10 Education
* Competent numeracy & literacy skills
* Completion of a Pre-Apprenticeship course or similar work/volunteer experience with use of hand tools
* Current Drivers Licence and reliable transport
* Positive Attitude
* OH&S Construction card or ability to obtain one
* Commitment to become Trade Qualified
* Demonstrated capacity to work as a team member
* Demonstrated capacity to work safely
Working as an apprentice in this trade may see you completing the following tasks:
* To assist tradespersons, carry out mechanical maintenance
* Remove, maintain and install pump systems
* Diagnose and repair pumping systems
* Work as a team member
* Attend safety Toolbox talks, contribute to the team's safety
The position is in Mulgrave, Victoria. Applicants will need to have reliable transport to get to and from work daily.
Applying for this position:
Please ensure you upload a cover letter stating why you wish to be a mechanical fitter apprentice with a current resume listing your education, skills, qualifications, work history and nominated referees listed.
Before accepting an offer of employment, the successful candidate must undergo a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screen. A police check may also be required.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Due to the Christmas shutdown, shortlisted candidates should be contacted in the new year to discuss their application.