Start building your trade career at the world's largest coal export handling facility.
Port Waratah Coal Services in partnership with Programmed, are seeking motivated applicants to apply for a leading four-year Mechanical Fitter or Electrical Apprenticeship Program commencing in January 2021.
You will be mentored by our experienced tradespersons over a four-year period. Working on both small and large equipment, you will undertake repairs, maintenance and component replacement on machinery to ensure the efficient and continuous operation of our coal terminals.
The first 18 weeks of the program are spent fully supported at the award-winning Mining Skills Program in Muswellbrook where you will learn valuable machining, electrical, metal fabrication and automotive technical skills.
Inherent requirements of employment
* Australian citizen or permanent resident
* Hold or be completing a High School Certificate (HSC) in 2020
* Hold a current driver's licence or plans to obtain a driver's licence by January 2021
* Successfully pass a pre-employment medical (Electrical candidates must also pass a colour vision test)
Benefits of the Apprenticeship Program
* Nationally recognised qualification
* Opportunities to gain qualifications, tickets and training beyond a standard apprenticeship
* Working with a safety focused team
* Learn from highly experienced tradespersons within the industry
* Ongoing coaching, mentoring and support from both Port Waratah and Programmed
* Exposure and rotation to a broad range of mechanical/electrical functions
* Competitive wage and bonus program
* Newcastle location and lifestyle
Who are we looking for:
We are seeking applicants with a positive attitude, display initiative, have good communication skills and are able to work as part of a safety focused team. You will enjoy hands-on learning, problem-solving opportunities and have a genuine interest in a Mechanical Fitter or Electrical Trade career.
TO APPLY VISIT: