Our client is a large ASX listed mining organisation who are seeking an experienced Management Accountant to join their vibrant team on a contract basis. This a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door with a major leader in the mining space.
Reporting to the Finance Superintendent, this opportunity involves an exciting blend of analysis and management reporting.
This role is key to performing the management accounting function of the business unit. Timeliness and accuracy in reporting is the bedrock of accounting. The three main areas of management accounting are operational expenditure (opex), capital expenditure (capex) and non-financial physicals information. Collating these areas for reporting and forecasting future results is critical to the role. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced management accountant to join a large ASX listed business.
* Assist in development of analytical models and forecasting tools in Excel and departmental cost drivers as needed
* Completion of month end procedures and liaison with the regional accounting team where required, including analysis and approval of accruals and journals, ensuring accuracy and compliance with SOX controls, accounting policies and GAAP.
* Analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual costs as required for use by the Senior Leadership Team and Departmental Leadership Teams.
* Assist in the annual Business Planning process, providing guidance to all levels of management and supervision in the preparation of the plan where required. Together with the Finance Superintendent
* Preparation of presentations on departmental costs, physicals and drivers for production and cost meetings and Business Plan presentation meetings.
* Provide consulting advice where applicable to the on cost systems and opportunities for improvement by maximising revenue and reducing/controlling costs. Develop business cases for recommendations to departmental management on cost reduction initiatives identified.
* Input into the weekly and monthly reports and development of systems supporting forecasting and actual reporting of processing physicals
* Provide commercial advice where required to contract owners on accounting and cost aspects of supplier contracts.
* Fixed Asset Register updates and documentation to be scoped, prepared and submitted.
* Accounting degree or diploma/certificate in accounting; CPA or CA essential
* Minimum 3 years onsite mining industry experience
* Management accounting experience
* SAP or similar ERP proficiency
* SOX compliance experience
* Advanced Excel and computer literacy
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role.
For more information on this role or a personal discussion please call Zoe Manifis at Programmed Professionals on .
Eastern Suburbs, WA