Legal Property Officer
Programmed Professionals is seeking an experienced Legal Property Officer located in the South side of Brisbane. This role will see you lead the acquisition of property associated with infrastructure projects, tenure management and general property transaction matters.
Your Duties/responsibilities will be:
* Actively lead property transactions, including acquisition of land, easements and access for infrastructure projects.
* Coordinate delivery of appropriate specialist advice to support property transactions, including independent valuations, town planning and legal advice.
* Lead compulsory acquisition processes under the Acquisition of Land Act 1967 where required
* Draft, negotiate and administer appropriate legal contracts to give effect to property transactions.
* Lead negotiation and renewal of tenure arrangements on Council-owned land, including for telecommunications facilities.
* Actively manage tenure arrangements, including requests for landowner consent to works, payment of fees under the arrangements, appropriate insurance coverage and overall lease compliance.
* Contribute to the development of new processes to enable the Corporate Property program to become more efficient and effective.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
* Tertiary qualifications in law and a current practicing certificate would be highly regarded.
* Well-developed knowledge and extensive practical experience in Queensland property law, including sale and purchase of land, leasing and general property matters.
* Demonstrated experience in land title matters in Queensland.
* Negotiate, advocate, engage and present information clearly; and
* Remain impartial and communicate with influence on sensitive/complex matters, including private landowners.
* Highly developed time management skills and attention to detail.
* Applicants must undergo an employment-related background check.
If you feel you are suitable for this role please apply by clicking 'Apply Now'.
Job reference number:
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.
QLD Licence- LHL-02514-D2P2F