Overview: Our Governmental client is looking for a Lead Business Analyst, who will be responsible for analysis, requirements gathering, selection, development and delivery of integrated solutions for large and complex programs and Projects. The position works with both internal and external delivery partners within the Digital Technology & Innovation (DTI). This position directly reports to the Project Manager.
- Drive the design, documentation and development of business requirements and functional specifications using context diagram and process models.
- Develop and lead a team of Business Analysts to support the Technology and Business Improvement initiatives.
- Extensive experience in all facets of Project Management and Business Analysis including Agile and Waterfall development methodologies (e.g. Scrum) and the use of project management tools.
- Prepare system and user acceptance test plans and scripts and work with the Test Manager to ensure delivery of quality systems that meet NSWPF expectations.
- Acting as a liaison between technical teams and business teams/end-users, by translating technical terminology through simple oral and visual techniques and tools.
- Demonstrated experience with change management - particularly around change planning, change communication and generating change artefacts.
- Supervise a team of analysts and work as an effective team member in investigating and developing options and solutions while championing business needs.
- Proven working knowledge of relevant methodologies such as BABOK or other industry-adopted BA best practice.
- Minimum of 6 years continuous experience of working as a business analyst; in both agile and waterfall environments for major ICT programs / projects.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project management and leading a team of Business Analysts.
- Demonstrated experience in business process models and associated standard operating procedures using tools and techniques such as BPMN, Visio or System Architect.
- Advanced Stakeholder engagement skills with demonstrated experience in analysing business problems, conducting gap analysis and identifying root cause.
- Extensive experience in the development of instructional and procedural documentation and presentations.
- Demonstrated superior communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and negotiation skills with a proven capacity to develop and maintain sound working relationships with end users, key stakeholders, suppliers and project team members.
- Demonstrated experience using industry standard software testing tools (e.g. MQC, Quick Test Professional (QTP), BABOK and knowledge of testing methodologies.
- Ability to supervise a small team and to work effectively as part of a team with minimal supervision.
If this roles sound like your next career move, where you can upskill yourself APPLY now, or contact Basit on