Start a career in Oil and Gas
Programmed, in partnership with Woodside Energy Ltd, is recruiting applicants to undertake Laboratory Technician traineeship.
This traineeship will provide you with a comprehensive practical and theoretical training base to help you take on a pivotal role within the Laboratory team.
The Trainee Laboratory Technician will support the laboratory analysts by preparing equipment and materials for a LNG laboratory that undertakes a range of testing for both the Karratha Gas Plant and the Pluto Gas Plant. The position is primarily laboratory based but from time to time may involve time in the field to assist the laboratory analysts with sampling and testing out on the plant.
Duties will include:
* Preparation of sampling equipment, solutions and standards
* Maintaining and archiving laboratory records and paperwork
* Sending out samples to external laboratories
* Entering basic laboratory data and logging samples into the laboratory information management system
* Performing basic laboratory tests
* Collecting basic samples e.g. potable water
* Delivering and collecting samples and equipment to/from the heliport and other offsite locations
* Maintain and control stocks of lab chemicals and consumables
* Assist lab analysts with sampling in the field and testing in the laboratory
This traineeship is delivered over a two year term, where you will work towards achieving a Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques.
To be considered as a potential candidate for Laboratory Traineeship, you will have:
* Successful completion of Secondary Education including Year 12 Maths, English and Chemistry.
* Strong computer skills
* A current 'C' class drivers licence
* The ability to pass a pre-employment medical and attend regular drug and alcohol screens.
Programmed, together with Woodside, is committed to upskilling the local Karratha community. These positions are for candidates who already reside within Karratha or surrounding communities. No housing or housing allowance is offered as part of these contracts.
Apply online now at style="text-decoration: underline;">For more information, please contact us at
Applications close 5.00pm on Friday 11th January
Programmed and Woodside Energy Ltd are equal opportunity employers We welcome and encourage women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people from diverse backgrounds to apply.