Due to changes within their team, my leading manufacturing requires a Document Writer for their facility based in Western Sydney. This role would suit a recently graduated Mechanical or Electrical Engineer with the ability to write technical documentation.
You will drive change and deliver up to date Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure correct manufacturing and safety processes are adhered to. Having an innovative and creative nature you will use photographs and digital software to create new SOPs that enhance messages and deliver clear instructions to staff. Offering a strong hourly rate, mentorship from a Senior Engineering Team and the benefit of working in a national group, this ongoing role could potentially turn permanent and would provide a great start out to a new career. Junior Engineers or Junior Technical Writers are most welcome to apply and the company will consider Junior Engineers for future roles within the company on a performance basis.
In return we are looking for the below skills and experiences;
Clear communication skills verbal and written are essential for this role and prior experience in writing technical documentation, degree essays or projects to a high quality is required. Templates will be provided for the SOPs however understanding of engineering in a manufacturing environment is required.
Required skills and qualifications;
* Tertiary education in Electrical, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering (or relevant discipline)
* Any prior experience in Technical or Document Writing would be beneficial
* Experience in software packages, MS Office, Adobe, Photoshop Editor required
* Experience in Visio or other systems to support visual training documents would be highly regarded
* Understanding of manufacturing environment required
* Ability to work both autonomously and in a team
* Work rights in Australis for a full time role Mon-Friday
You can also call Fiona on for further information.