Programmed Skilled Workforce is a leading provider of managed labour, staffing and training services.
An opportunity has arisen with one of our major clients for an apprentice in their Parks & Recreation area as a Horticulturalist and Sports Turf Management.
During the course of the four year apprenticeship your duties will be but are not limited to:
- To assist in the preparation, presentation and maintenance of turf wickets (including practise wickets), playing surfaces and Council parks and recreation assets
- Assist in ensuring that Councils ovals and sports fields are transitioned from winter season sport to summer season sport in accordance with agreed timeframes and standards
- Operate plant and equipment relevant to Turf Management in accordance with relevant licences & competencies.
- Read plans and record accurately all 'as constructed' information as required
- Ensure regular servicing requirements of plant and equipment are met ensuring all faults and problems are reported
- Complete all required paperwork for customer requests/work orders
- Install/remove and record traffic management signage for works carried out in road reserves
- Carry out inspections/investigations, risk assessments and report as required
- Assist other section employees in their duties in maintaining, replacing, or constructing Council assets as required
- Capable of advanced landscaping works, turf maintenance, general horticultural duties, working from a design/drawing plan
- Requires role advanced labouring skills, traffic control, safe and competent operation of mechanical plant, handles and use complex chemicals
- Types of licences: MR - Medium Rigid, ROM - Ride on Mower, White Card, Traffic Management, Chemical Management, Manual Handling, First Aid
If you have a passion for outdoor work, fit the above criteria & are looking to become trade qualified in an area where the sky can be the limit apply now.
Successful candidates must have a current and working email address for vital communication between Programmed and yourself.
All successful candidates must be job ready (Long sleeve high Vis shirts, Pants and steel capped boots)